Pages

5/26/2006

Five Senses Friday, Day 8


Due to a friend's confusion, I must clarify that my five senses are gleaned from the entire week, not just on Fridays.

Sight:
1. The plains of charming, dry West Texas.
2. Lovely hills around Kerrville, TX.
3. Seagulls flying over uncharacteristically pretty, green ocean in Galveston, TX.
4. The 1877 Elissa ship docked in Galveston.
5. My Mother-in-law laughing at her funny son singing "Afternoon Delight" while we rode the ferry across the bay.

Smell:
1. Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo (thanks, Aunt Denise).
2. Caldrea Lavender Pine window spray, cleaning house for my Dad's visit tonight.
3. Burt's Bees Milk & Honey lotion (a sample - I can't resist those cute little bottles).
4. Kiss My Face Honey & Calendula lotion (another cute sample - damn you, Whole Foods).
5. Shoyeido Joy incense: tea leaves, sandalwood, clove, vanilla, and spices.

Taste:
1. The Ginger People's Original Ginger Chews.
2. Tea Forte's black tea, Forte flavor.
3. Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch granola.
4. Feta cheese on a Greek salad.
5. Sweetened, dried papaya spears.

Hear:
1. My 93-year-old Papaw singing an alternate rendition of "Amazing Grace."
2. "Why Me Lord?" by Johnny Cash, one of my most favorite songs.
3. OK Computer by Radiohead, one of my most favorite albums.
4. The Bee Gees and old Bruce Springsteen playing overhead at the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant in Galveston.
5. A dear, old woman at the San Angelo, TX nursing center (Evelyn) raving that Papaw "is one of the greatest men ever, one of the best." Evelyn's late husband was one of Papaw's best friends in college.

Touch:
1. Desert Essence Tea Tree Blemish Touch Stick.
2. Papaw's hand.
3. The "Country" Club Vanilla Lotion Bar on my feet: beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, jojoba, mango butter, fragrance oil, and vitamin E (purchased at Buc-ee's gas station in Luling, TX).
4. Sunshine on my skin and a patch of sunburn on my chest.
5. Anticipating a hug from my Dad.

1 comment:

Christine said...

We love Bear Naked granola AND Kiss My Face lotion samples from Whole Foods! I look forward to your Five Senses Fridays :)