Pages

8/16/2007

I See the Sun

I woke up this morning to gloom, doom, gray, rain, thunder, and lightning - all thanks to Tropical Storm Erin. As you can see, I've tried to distract myself by blogging. There are times I like a good thunderstorm, but today, no. I was selfishly afraid Holly would not be able to drive out here because for awhile, everyone was trapped in her office building due to flooding outside. But God parted the clouds in my part of town as well as hers, and she reports we're still on for tonight!

Just in the nick of time for entertaining, my order from Adagio Tea arrived:



That would be $2.00 sample boxes of Rooibos Vanilla, Vanilla Tea, Assam Harmony, Chocolate Tea (!), and Cinnamon Tea. The bottle is Anteadote Jasmine Tea. All in all, that is an inexpensive way to sample such delicious drinks. Adagio is a truly great company. Not only is their tea of high quality and tastes good, but I love their packaging. They are also fast - I believe it only took two days for my order to greet me in Houston. My Mom swears by their Blood Orange Tea...

Holly also loves tea and rooibos (red) is her favorite. The Rooibos Vanilla I ordered just happens to be organic, too. Holly is bringing takeout, I'm eating my typical yeast-free dinner, she actually wants to try yeast-free brownies, and won't some of this tea be a nice addition? I hope she brings a good indie movie, too - she has exquisite taste in film. You know what? I previously ordered Jasmine Bloom Display Tea! I've been saving it for a special occasion. Perhaps Holly and I should try it since we both loved Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette.

4 comments:

Beckye said...

You'll have to tell us about the chocolate tea!! We haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the cute bird note! :D

Have a fun night!

Love you.

allison said...

I kept logging on to KHOU today to keep an eye on the flooding. It almost made me nostalgic: plowing through flooded intersections determined to maintain enough forward motion to not stall out, wading to neighbors' houses to compare "stranded" stories, watching fireant balls floating merrily along. I'm glad you kept safe and dry!

March2theSea said...

been hearing about your weather..hope you are okay!

jenni said...

March - I'm OK! Thanks for asking. We're supposed to get more rain later today - boo.