Pages

8/10/2007

Mom Knows Best

I do believe my health treatment at the Hotze Health & Wellness Center is good and right, but since they never promised overnight results, some days I literally feel bad from head to toe. A friend prayed for me: to see beyond, up, and over to the beauty brimming even as I swallow a crap load of hormones, vitamins, and minerals each day and night. I've been trying to pull a blog entry out of my brain, but it is shy or stubborn or like me, both.

It was a poetic prayer, but I often have to grasp for beauty with white-tipped fingers; focus with intention on creativity. Laughter is also shy, but with a silly husband it's inevitable. God kindly provided some physical relief this week and more help from my doctor yesterday. And thanks to my thoughtful Mama, I discovered a Box o' Fun on our front doorstep!

A rainbow of tissue paper. Mom, Harley and Milo thank you:



The intellectual publication of People. This is exactly like being at my parents' house because whenever I visit, I flip through a million back issues of People - not reading articles, just skimming the pictures. C'mon, you know you want to know why Katie is happier than ever!



My Mom and I always book-swap:



Framed photographs from our wedding. The silver frame on the left is me with Johnny's groomsmen and the wooden frame on the right is Johnny with my bridesmaids. The pictures cheer me up because some of those friends live in other cities and states, and Johnny looks extra handsome in that picture:



I love this two-sided tote bag!





Charming cloth napkins:



My Mom is ever-collecting ornaments for our Christmas tree, but I plan to hang this bird on a wall - I'm thinking the living room. The little Church-birdhouse will probably sit on a display shelf or in my writing room 'til December:



I love this tea cup, too. It has a lid, perfect for brewing Traditional Medicinals tea (which must be covered for 10-15 minutes), and there is an infuser inside the cup for loose tea! Plus, I think the colors are lovely:



Thank you, Mom! I'm fatigued today and this box made me laugh, oooh, and ah. The evening already seems hopeful. Johnny and I will take a short walk, clean up, and go see a movie. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep smiling, precious!! Things will get better and our prayers will be answered!!