Pages

11/26/2007

33


A few birthday thoughts.

I sent that card to Christine last week. She's been a funny, faithful friend for several years now. I just love her, and Sesame Letterpress, too!

The weather is gorgeous today. A high of 54 degrees, a low of 37, blue, and sunshine. Quite a gift right there.

In case you were wondering, simply glowing's "Can't Catch Me..." candle is perfect. 'Tis not overpowering, but just right, as if a pan of gingerbread were cooling off in the kitchen. This candle suits both morning and evening rituals.

I must say again how honored I am to share a birthday with Marilynne Robinson. I've read Housekeeping and Gilead, both of which are genius novels. Gilead is in my top 10 favorite books. Haven't you read it yet?

Johnny offered to make me breakfast. What were my requests? Turkey sausage, two y.f. peanut butter cookies, and taro chips, of course. Don't all 33-year-olds eat such meals?

11 comments:

allison said...

Happy 33rd Jenni! The best is yet to come!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! I think turkey sausage is an excellent way to kick off a birthday celebration!

Ali O said...

happy birthday! i've been wondering if the s.g. gingerbread was delicious. i'm sold, and will be ordering one today. i'll do it in your honor :)

Robin said...

Happy Birthday! Your day sounds nice and relaxing.

I haven't read that book...I will definitely put it on my TBR list.

rk said...

jenni--
happy birthday! i know we don't know each other, but your husband is in my "top 5 people i'd be glad to be stuck in an airport or other boring place for several days with" list. It's a strange list, but an important one. It basically just means he's fun to be around and easy to talk to.

I've strayed from the point.

Have a great birthday.

ross

jenni said...

Thanks, y'all!
And Ross, I hope we can meet soon. I've heard so many good things about you, your wife, and cute kids. I think Johnny would place you on the same list. :)

shari said...

happy birthday jenni. i have both of those books on my nightstand but haven't read either yet. hope your day was nice!

jenni said...

Thank you, Shari! My day was very nice. You'll have to let me know what you think of those books.

Christine said...

Yay for celebrating Jenni!! I LOVE my bicycle card :) It is a gift in itself! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Love you friend.

Nicole said...

I missed your birthday! I hope it was a joy. after reading the post that came after your day - I see that it was. God is good! ...Marilynne Robinson is another hero we share. Housekeeping is a favorite.

jenni said...

Thanks, Nicole! I want to read Marilynne's essays, too. Have you?