Pages

1/10/2008

you gotta laugh

We just exchanged our anniversary gifts, most of them anyway. One of mine to Johnny won't arrive until next week, and likewise for another gift from Johnny to me. But today was aplenty. I laughed out loud when I opened this:



Along with aunt Denise, I saw Amy Sedaris read/make crafts at BookPeople a few years ago. The place was so packed that we could hardly see Ms. Sedaris, but she was hilarious! Very odd. I need to read her brother's books already.

Just now I flipped through a few pages of her book and laughed so hard that I had to lean on Johnny's shoulder, and he laughed, too. I'll fill you in on Johnny's other gift to me later - another funny book (a travel memoir), and I gave him funny books, too. My husband laughs 24-7 (he comes by it genetically from his Mama), and with my health struggles I'm reminded that laughter is the best medicine, right?

Now it's time for a little lunch, packing up, and hitting the road. See ya!

8 comments:

allison said...

Happy Anniversary you two. You are an inspiration!

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

i own & looove this book! mt fave entry is surprising snooping guests with hundreds of marbles in your medicine cabinet.

this book is hilarious!!!

Kimberly said...

She was on Martha Stewart's show recently and I think I bust a kidney while watching that episode! Absolutely funny. I'm gonna have to get the book!

lauracrow said...

she is hilarious! have fun on your trip!!! xoxo

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

kimberly - i saw that one, too - she was so so so funny. by far the best m.s. episode!

jenni said...

Man, wish I'd seen that episode of Martha Stewart!

jenni said...

And, thanks, Allison!

Kimberly said...

Abbey ~ totally funny. I still laugh whenever I think about it. Jenni ~ you would have loved it!