Pages

6/20/2008

i wanna go to paris



As y'all told me I would, I loved Paris, Je T'aime! I even learned how to say "Paris, je t'aime" after my Cajun French Mom corrected my very Texan pronunciation. I loved the film so much that I added it to my wish list, to own later - the 2-disc limited collector's edition. I'll try to get Johnny to watch it, but he's not Paris' biggest fan (the city nor Hilton, but thank God, she's not in the movie). I think he'd dig Elijah Wood and the vampire, though. And surely my husband will take me to Paris one day - right, J.? Appropriate, raving words fail me, so I advise reading this review on IMAGE's Good Letters blog.

In other news, I manged to write something on my other blog, books for calvin. I expressed my excitement over re-subscribing to Books & Culture, and shared a little bit more about my new, forthcoming writing opportunity. I also repeated a photo of mine, just like I'm doing here (ah, the power of blogging!):

10 comments:

Christine said...

OOOH, I can't wait to see that movie. I LOVE PARIS!!!!

Johnny! said...

I'd like to visit gay Paree, if only to see the great cultural landmarks before the Moslems take over and ruin them.

Johnny! said...

Oh, and to walk around in a big Stetson calling everyone "pardner."

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the writing opportunity! I can't wait to read more of your stuff!

jenni said...

Stine, I think you'd like the movie very much.

Please, Johnny - no Stetson or "pardner" in Paris! S'il vous plaît.

Thank you, Jean!

Anonymous said...

so glad you liked the movie. i'm not much of a movie purchaser but that one is definitely on my list. i'll have to check out the collector's edition. so good. i'll definitely need to watch it again. which were your favorite segments?

jenni said...

I loved the segments with Juliette Binoche, Miranda Richardson (so good), Gena Rowlands (esp. loved that one), the one by the Coen brothers (love them!), the tragic one with Aïssa Maïga and Seydou Boro (one of the most moving to me), and the postal worker. There were others, for sure, but I'll have to watch it again to tell you.

What were your favorites?

Anonymous said...

the gena rowlands and juliette binoche ones are definitely at the top of my list. i also loved the last film with "carol the tourist." and the one with the mother who drops her baby off to go nanny in the city made me cry.

Anonymous said...

can I chime in? I loved the postal worker one. the nanny in the city made me cry, too!

jenni, congrats on this new endeavor of yours!

jenni said...

As you can see, those were many of my favorites, too, Kate.

Thanks, Nicole!