My favorite sounds thus far:
* Johnny turning off the alarm (it sings a short ditty).
* Harley purring between us in bed.
* Birds singing a morning song.
* The coffee maker percolating, though I used it to make tea.
* Water trickling in the sink, a semi-wasteful thing we do for the cats sometimes.
* Johnny laughing.
* The quiet while we read e-mails. Soft typing as I responded.
* The wilted newspaper rustling.
* Our wind chime.
* An owl.
* Cicadas, even in the morning/afternoon.
* The garbage truck picking up our crap. I'm sincerely thankful for the guys willing to do that job. They are made of tougher stuff than me (the smell).
* Classical music on the radio. Pretty, but not in the mood.
* Kate York's album, Sadlylove (snagged from NoiseTrade).
* Milo's little feet scooting 'round the bamboo floor, entertaining himself with a plastic bottle cap. Then he rested near the fireplace. Then stuck his head into the drummer sculpture. Now it's a small box he found under a chair. You get the idea?
* Myself singing. I was flat, but utterly thankful to feel well enough to sing.
* An airplane.
Posted by jenni at 12:15 PM