Pages

4/23/2004

Immediately after Teahouse's bubble tea, a frozen margarita with salt, and red wine, my favorite beverage is Honest Tea (www.honesttea.com) - organic Moroccan green tea with mint. It is barely sweet. I could drink it daily. One of the best aspects about Honest Tea are the messages under the bottle lids. My all-time favorite lid message is:

"If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is definitely not for you."

Today's lid was pretty good:

"The quieter you become, the more you hear."
( ~ Ram Dass)


Lost in Translation. As I told a few friends today: sure, an emotional affair is quite wrong, but the movie is a heart-wrenching piece of art. Bill Murray is my hero. I want the pink, paper cherry blossoms Charlotte placed in her hotel room lamps. Johnny lusted after Japan.

My other heroes:

Johnny Simmons.

Jim Strother, my dad.
J.O. "Papaw" Strother, my grandfather, ever-singing.
Jody Strother, my brother.

Johnny Cash.
Robert Duvall.

My heroines:

Julie "Kitty Ann" Strother, my mom.
Theresa Lee "Nina" Carter, my grandmother.
Ann "Meemaw" Strother, my grandmother.
{Lee + Ann = my middle name, Leanne.}
Odessa "Nana" Strother, my Papaw's second wife, my grandmother.

Julie Miller.
Patty Griffin. (Her new CD "Impossible Dream" is vundebar, as are all of her CDs.)
Kathleen Norris, author.


No comments: