Pages

8/01/2004

Today is my sister-in-law's, Beckye's, birthday. In our general society "in-law" usually holds negative connotations but that is not the case with Beckye. She is a sweet sister and welcomed me without hesitation as her little brother's wife. She prayed for Johnny many years, and for his wife, and taught me to do the same for my own "little" brother. Happy birthday, Beckye!

Today is also my friend Kirby's birthday. I worked for Kirby for five years but I am happy to say he is also my friend. His wife, Brett, is dear to me, also. In fact, she was my matron of honor in our wedding and Kirby was one of our ushers.

I admire Beckye and Kirby for numerous reasons but one of the top five is they both are obedient to God who sends them 'round the globe to tell the Gospel story to other cultures. Last year Beckye and her family traveled to Kazakhstan and I believe they plan to go back one day. Kirby co-founded Peace Gospel Ministries in India with a man named Pastor Samson. Kirby and his family (including three adorable kids - Noah, Emma, and Joseph) are moving to India in October! You should visit Peace Gospel's web site:

www.peacegospel.org

{A great movie, highly recommended: Pieces of April}

No comments: