Pages

12/11/2005

Seven

I'm stealing an idea from another blog by J. Mark Bertrand. I call the stolen idea The 7 Things Game:

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Give birth to Genevieve and Calvin Simmons.
2. Travel to Colorado with Johnny on a regular basis.
3. Travel to Europe with Johnny and tour ALL of the cathedrals and art museums, and drink numerous cups of coffee and wine.
4. Not arrive late all the freaking time.
5. Become a Proverbs 31 wife and mom, Lord willing.
6. Be published in Image.
7. Write books.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Swim properly.
2. Think brilliantly quickly.
3. Refrain from blushing profusely all the freaking time.
4. Stop purchasing books.
5. Sing like Emmylou Harris.
6. Speak in front of a crowd.
7. Play guitar.

Seven things that attract me to my husband:
1. His Faith.
2. His eyes.
3. The smell of his skin.
4. His hilarious oddness.
5. He is an intellectual and a reader.
6. His drumming, percussive talent.
7. He patiently forgives me.

Seven things I say most often:
1. "Really?"
2. "That is interesting."
3. "I'm just going to read two more pages before I turn off the light."
4. "Will I really be able to quit work at the end of January?"
5. "I'm not being defensive."
6. "We need another bookcase."
7. "I'm going to push snooze one more time."

Seven books I love:
1. A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving.
2. Anything by Flannery O’ Connor.
3. A Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard.
4. The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris.
5. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis.
6. Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy by Sigrid Undset.
7. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien and Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.*
(and of course The Holy Bible and The Book of Common Prayer)*

Seven movies I would watch over and over again:
1. The Mission.
2. Walk the Line.
3. Pieces of April.
4. The Passion of the Christ - on each Good Friday only.
5. Schindler’s List.
6. The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
7. The Apostle.

Seven CDs I could listen to forever:**
1. Living With Ghosts by Patty Griffin.
2. Anything by Radiohead.
3. Spyboy and Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris.*
4. The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash.
5. Good Dog Bad Dog by Over the Rhine.
6. Trace by Son Volt.
7. Anything by The Innocence Mission.

Seven people I want to play this game, too:
1. Johnny.
2. Kierstin.
3. Aunt Denise.
4. Amy Birsinger.
5. Katy.
6. The FeverDream Females.
7. YiMay, and the rest of you.*

* I cheated.
** This is my personal addition to The 7 Things Game.

No comments: