Pages

2/18/2006

Hope


We ordered Chinese takeout last night and I saved my fortune cookie 'til today. My fortune saith, "Hope is the most precious treasure to a person." I don't find that entirely true, but the little slip of paper made me smile. For some reason I am brimming with hope and not struggling with my occasional, annoying vice of despair. Where does hope spill over this gray Saturday? My alarm clock was a kiss from my husband. Laughter from Harley Cat falling between my desk and the window. Singing along to Lori Chaffer songs. Praying the Confession, Lord's Prayer, and reading 2 Corinthians 5. Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub - smells like Christmas. Receiving a free Kiehl's Abyssine lotion sample in the mail. Chamomile tea with honey. The cold weather - I'll need my old, brown jacket. Kierstin's list. Getting my butt into the gym. The song "Mary's Waltz" by Over the Rhine. Memories of friends. Conjuring interview questions for Kemper. Brown Sugar and Fig lotion. A baby spinach, feta, and walnut salad. Reading Teaching a Stone to Talk by Annie Dillard while wrapped in a blanket-cocoon. Looking forward to watching a movie and sipping merlot while Johnny & friends buy drinks for Ryan - his birthday was yesterday. Our books. No need to hurry.

No comments: