Pages

2/02/2006

In my reading this morning


This gorgeous Psalm.

I love the Grail translation of verse 9, too: (verse 8 in the NKJV)

"The ends of the earth stand in awe
at the sight of your wonders.
The lands of sunrise and sunset
you fill with your joy."

I also read this encouraging quote by Madeleine L'Engle which reminds me to write because I'm made to and not care what others think: (which I do too often)

"Being a writer does not necessarily mean being published. It's very nice to be published. It's what you want. When you have a vision, you want to share it. But being a writer means writing. It means building up a body of work. It means writing every day. You can hardly say that Van Gogh was not a painter because he sold one painting during his lifetime, and that to his brother. But do you say that Van Gogh wasn't a painter because he wasn't 'published'? He was a painter because he painted, because he held true to his vision as he saw it. And I think that's the best example I can give you."
(from page 34 of {Herself} by Madeleine L'Engle)

1 comment:

Grits Gone North said...

True.. True. What are you working on right now?