Pages

6/03/2006

10 Reasons Why I'm in Love With the Farmers' Market Today


1. More whipped raw cinnamon honey from the very friendly Wendy Reed.
2. Yaya's Raw Rah Walnut Pear Kookies (organic: pears, walnuts, maple syrup, cranberries, and cinnamon).
3. Yaya's NRG ORBS Ahhh Mon Kookies (organic: almonds, unsweetened & dessicated coconut, almond butter, and dates).
4. A dozen vegetarian-fed, ungraded-yard brown eggs for $2.30 because the kind and gracious Leon Hattermann did not mind that I was 20 cents short, and he insisted that I not break another bill.
5. A slew of purple, blue, white, pink, and crimson wildflowers - enough for a large vase in our living room and a tall glass cup on my desk. $5.00!
6. 1/2 lb. organic pecans from Rio Grande Organics.
7. 2 more cartons of organic blueberries: 1 for me and 1 for Amy B.
8. Organic baby strawberries.
9. My e-mailed raw milk and cream order from the nice couple Bob and Darlene Stryk.
10. A little healthy sweat out in the Texas sunshine, or as my Mama would say, "A healthy glisten."

No comments: