Pages

6/10/2006

7 More Reasons.....


.....and then I will try to shut up about the Farmers' Market!

1. Reed's bee pollen. After hearing fellow Market shoppers rave about the health benefits of bee pollen, I bought a small jar on a whim. Thank God because after we arrived home, I read this article and then this one. If only all medicinal remedies could be as painless as 1/4 teaspoon of bee pollen followed by 1 tablespoon of local raw honey. This is an excellent remedy for allergies (which I've always had), and you should eventually work up to a 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of bee pollen if I read the articles correctly.

2. More Yaya's Raw Rah cookies: NRG ORBS THE BOMB (organic: almonds, almond butter, dates, raw agave nectar, raw cacao nibs, and vanilla) and Coconut Cinnamon (organic: bananas, coconut, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, dates, and cinnamon).

3. Not only organic blueberries, but also organic blackberries.

4. Stryk raw cheddar cheese curds - an excellent snack cheese.

5. Two dozen Hattermann eggs which we discovered are uber-healthy. These brown eggs are high in Omega-3. Why? Because the genius Mr. Hattermann feeds his chickens flax seed along with other healthy eats! These eggs are also high in vitamin E.

6. Olde World Farms's grass-fed beef and lamb. I e-mailed Olde World Farms yesterday morning, and they sent back a price list just a few hours later. What I love most is the end of their e-mail said, "Please feel free to e-mail or call in an order this afternoon, as we will be stocking the freezer this evening for tomorrow's market. If no one answers, please leave a message on the machine - we are preparing to plant new pastures, and will be out on the tractor much of the rest of the day, but we'll pick up all messages." I love the reminder that the rich agrarian life is lived out by wise people in order that I may eat healthy meat. Today we picked up a beef flank steak, beef fajita (skirt steak), and a lamb boneless shoulder roast. Admittedly, the lamb was pricier than we budgeted, but we will get 3-4 servings from the delicious roast!

7. My husband joined me at the Market today, and he makes everything better. Plus, my back gave out on Wednesday and although I'm feeling better, Johnny did not want me to carry a bunch of bags. What a guy.

No comments: