Pages

6/09/2006

Five Senses Friday, Day 10


Sight:
1. My husband's handsome face as he walked in the door from a week in Florida.
2. The new Bob Dylan-cover issue of Paste magazine in our mailbox.
3. Puritan prayers from The Valley of Vision edited by Arthur Bennett. Everyone should own this great book.
4. Mary Jane's Farm Bed & Breakfast which is the next place Johnny and I hope to stay when we visit Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho.
5. Chief Executive Mom with bountiful health information.

Smell:
1. Getaguru Foot Fetish soak, a sweet Floridian gift from my husband!
2. Jason Tea Tree Satin Shower body wash. I think this is my favorite Jason scent - I love the combination of tea tree oil, jasmine, orange blossom, eucalyptus, and other botanicals.
3. Banana bread baking in the oven.
4. Burning frankincense on our table and roasted coffee beans during the Coffee Ceremony at The Blue Nile Ethiopian restaurant.
5. Olba's analgesic salve for my sore back and neck.

Taste:
1. Whole Foods's Sonoma chicken salad with rosemary & olive oil Triscuits.
2. Spry peppermint chewing gum.
3. Organic blueberries in Stryk raw Jersey cream. My sweet Lord!
4. Nutiva organic extra-virgin coconut oil. Also extra healthy.
5. My banana bread which is delicious if I do say so myself.

Hear:
1. Under the Covers Vol. 1 CD by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.
2. Little Athan B. saying all kinds of new words!
3. Both bad and good Ethiopian music at The Blue Nile.
4. Radiohead's Hail to the Thief album at the gym.
5. Crazy Conan O'Brien singing Wednesday night and making me laugh.

Touch:
1. Earth Therapeutics Recover-E cucumber eye pads.
2. Getaguru basil-anise Bath Fizzer, also from Johnny. The Fizzer made my long, hot bath a pretty rose color, too.
3. Kookamunga chicken-flavored catnip treats - rewarding Harley Cat from coming inside off our porch.
4. Holding our furry feline baby.
5. A new 100% bamboo cutting board. I needed a small one for our small kitchen, so I was happy to find one made entirely of bamboo which is a renewable resource.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Jenni, I just checked out the Nutiva website and they have tons of great coconut/flax seed recipes!! Yess! Thanks for sharing!