Pages

8/15/2007

Playing House

You could say I was less than thrilled when Johnny left today for a gig in the Lufkin, TX area. My health is a little better, but I always feel calmer and safer when Johnny is around. But the next few days are a great opportunity to recall that God is near, He hears, and He is omnipotent. Plus, my friend Holly is coming over to play tomorrow, my friend Amy will do likewise on Friday, and Johnny will be home on Saturday!

In the meantime, there is peace. Examples: a delicious breakfast of last night's leftovers cooked by Johnny on his new favorite toy, our outdoor grill (it was on sale): fennel turkey sausage, red onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and bell peppers. Praying and reading more Psalms. Munching on raw macadamia nuts. Balancing the checkbook. A simple lunch: tuna fish sprinkled with lemon pepper and a salad, both served in lime green IKEA bowls; chilled yerba maté to wash it down. Listened to Ray LaMontagne. Ordered a Lotta Jansdotter calendar because I love the artwork and it was on sale. A checkbook cover is on my wish list. And how cool is the name Lotta Jansdotter? It reminds me of one of my all-time favorite books: Kristin Lavransdatter. If Lotta's name is anything like Kristin's, then Lotta is the daughter of Jans. I would be Jenni Jamesdatter.

Other than those exciting endeavors, I've been snapping photos of fun decorations Johnny hung for me last night. I here declare that I'm ready for an official photography lesson, but it's still fun to play with the camera, am I right?

A gift from my brother hanging in the kitchen between the pantry and laundry room doors. Now that we own a grill, be prepared to see "JS" inscribed on your steaks when invited to dinner:





An IKEA bird mobile. It is intended to hang outside, but since when have I played by all the rules? We prefer it near our upstairs bookshelves and the TV - kind of our "rec room":





Did I mention it lights up blue?! It looks better at night:



I placed a favorite piece of fabric on our bedroom dresser. I'm taking a poll: does this look work or not? It works for me, but I'm curious of your opinions:





Tonight's schedule includes more prayer and Psalms, reading books, The Colbert Report, and falling asleep as early as possible.

No comments: