Pages

9/08/2007

i confess magazine gluttony



I'm making plans to simplify my periodical subscriptions next year. Here is the current list that arrives in our mailbox; the ones that didn't make the cut are crossed off. It is not that those are bad, but the others are keepers:

The American Poetry Review [a kind gift - I'm keeping every issue]
Blueprint [I'll buy necessary issues from bookstores]
Domino [ditto]
dwell
GOOD
Image
Natural Home
Organic Gardening
Paste [undecided]
Poets and Writers [might have to buy a few in bookstores, too]
The New York Times [Sundays only]
The Sun

Yet I want to add a McSweeney's Quarterly Concern subscription to our stacks. Will I ever learn?

Plus, there will always be the too-many catalogs that strangely multiply, bound for recycling. Our two newest favorites are Room & Board and CB2. I'm campaigning for a ladder rack, for the living room, to display the subscriptions we're keeping. It will keep our coffee table less cluttered, Johnny.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm with you on Blueprint and Domino. Domino got way too out there for me--but for those who may spend $1500 on a lampshade find it very informative I'm sure.

March2theSea said...

I think I have you beat..i was going to post on my blog about my "sickness". The other day I realized it just NEEDS to slow WAAAY down

jenni said...

Jamie - I hear ya, but Domino still has some good ideas. We can make 'em cheaper!

March - How many magazines do YOU receive?

:)