Pages

12/24/2007

merry christmas!





My Mom did bring the book! She could not find the whole set, but that's alright. I keep trying (in vain) to find a few minutes to read a page or two, but more realistically, I'll enjoy this sweet book during the 12 days of Christmas.

My Mom also loaned to me family heirlooms such as a stuffed gingerbread girl we used to hang on doorknobs and my grandmother's Christmas tea towels. After breakfast yesterday, my Dad and I talked for hours ~ we laughed, enjoyed philosophical/theological thoughts (he and I do), and even cried (the good kind) over family memories. I was reminded of God's goodness to me and my family, both alive and in Heaven. What a heritage I have; how thankful am I. Johnny's family is here, too, and my aunt & uncle arrive tomorrow. And Church tonight! The blessings never cease.

Merry Christmas to each of you!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend!

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Merry Christmas! And a Wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Jenni! It was great to see you Christmas Eve. I smiled when I saw Little House on your blog...I'm currently reading Little House on the Prairie (book 2) in our homeschool. The kids love it, but I may love it even more! The Christmas chapter is the greatest...kind of puts into perspective the materialism we cultivate today in our children. Hope you enjoy re-visiting every page!

March2theSea said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Happy New Year too!!

-march

jenni said...

Hi, Yanica! I read the Christmas chapter yesterday. To be content with new mittens and peppermint candy is to be blessed. I will definitely read this book with my daughter every winter.

March - a happy new year to you, too! Johnny gave me the new Sigur Rós DVD! I can't wait to watch it.