Pages

4/14/2008

the maté factor

I was trying to make this photo work:



Milo wasn't helping matters:



So, I peeked under the table:



And tried again:



Eh, none of those photos are perfect, and Blogger washes them out a bit, but that's the kind of day it's been, folks.

Anyway, The Maté Factor contacted me and shipped not one, but three boxes of their tea which was very nice. Their maté is unique to others I've tried because it's fresh, green maté (not aged or roasted). I love the green flavor, and it's even healthier than the roasted variety. The Maté Factor dries their tea so that the herb never reaches high temperatures which kill beneficial enzymes. This process also preserves the antioxidants, chlorophyll, vitamins (A, B, C, E), magnesium, potassium, iron, and other minerals in yerba maté.

Out of the three flavors they sent - Green Tea Ginseng, Lemon Ginger, and plain loose maté - the ginseng tea bags are my favorite (though all three are delicious). Green Tea Ginseng contains:

Organic: green yerba maté, American ginseng, Japanese Sencha green tea, Echinacea Angustifolia root, and Echinacea Purporea leaf.

And get this:

"Ginseng also replenishes your reserve energy capacity, increases your metabolism, stimulates clear thinking, helps you relax during the day, and sleep better at night," says The Maté Factor.

Seriously, the entire combination is amazing for your immune system and overall health. It tastes nice and smooth, too. Lately, while feeling sick, I lean towards gentler morning brews such as yerba maté, or green and white teas. The Maté Factor's Green Tea Ginseng is perfect for me - maté, green tea, and ginseng all boost my energy level, but in a subtler way than black tea or coffee. Maté is actually a calming agent, too - a nice way to start the day.

One word of caution, though. The Maté Factor is associated with a religious organization called The Twelve Tribes - namely cafés in New York and Colorado. But according to my contact at The Maté Factor, his online company (in North Carolina) is a separate entity from The Twelve Tribes. This is good, because after reading The Twelve Tribes' beliefs, I wouldn't feel right about supporting their organization. My Christian theology is quite different from what they believe. However, as St. Paul taught, Christians are free to buy from people of other beliefs. I can consider this tea the same as "meat sacrificed to idols." I would feel differently if my money directly funded the Twelve Tribes, so I'll keep researching that angle.

Unless I find out otherwise, I look forward to ordering the Carob Mint and Hibiscus Lime flavors. Thank you, Maté Factor
.
[I think I found out otherwise. More info. soon.]

No comments: