Pages

5/19/2008

more??

Before I describe yet another great mail day, I must vent a little bit. My friend Kierstin wrote a long letter and sent it my way 2-3 weeks ago. I have yet to receive her letter. It is very distressing! I've resorted to praying for God to send the letter to my house. Perhaps He will. What else can I do? Johnny doesn't think it would help much to chat w/our mail lady. Kierstin's letter could've gone astray anywhere between Tennessee and Texas. With the recent increase in postal rates, this dilemma is extra annoying. Shouldn't our extra pennies ensure faithful letter deliveries? I'm still holding out for Kierstin's letter, though. God has done stranger, greater things.

With that behind me, look what I received from sweet Robyn:

[the cutest golden bird magnets ~ a perfect addition to our fridge]

[lovely artwork by Robyn herself ~ a tribute to this piece by Erin Lang Norris]

[a Lotta Jansdotter seedling journal!]

[I always need pretty notebooks handy. Thank you, Robyn.]

I don't know what I've done to receive such amazing mail lately. I'll tell you, I haven't done much good. I chalk it up to God's grace. He's put great friends in my life year after year, and they (and He) are too good to me. I just hope I have the opportunity to mail fun encouragement to my compadres when their souls need a boost.

Before I go, I must offer another apology. I am sadly behind on correspondence: thank you notes, letters, and even facebook e-mails. I'm very sorry, y'all. Please bear with me, and pray to God my snail mail actually gets to you.

13 comments:

Alissa Wilkinson said...

Oh, my. I love the Lotta notebook . . .

Christine said...

Those are lovely! Robyn is so talented.

Sherry said...

Hi Jenni,

Thanks for writing your comment on Nancy's blog. We (my two teenagers and I) are basically dealing with the symptoms you are. We think we had an amoeba or parasite that gave us a quick downhill spiral - but the strong antibiotics we took for them only seemed to make things worse. Anyway, I'm very interested in what you wrote about and would like it if you could e-mail me off-line. I'm sorry to add anything more for you "to do." I know how behind I am in correspondance, thank you's, etc. It just doesn't get done. So no hurry. Sherry

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your blog via Nancy Wilson's blog. I too have health issues. I would love to know what you are doing to re-build your health. My hormone tests have not yet come back but my naturopath believes I'm in some pretty severe adrenal fatigue (and I also have yeast issues!!). My problems are brought on by severe asthma & digestion issues because of asthma meds (prednisone) and an unusual amount of stress. If you are so inclined would you be able to do a post on what your regimen is?

jenni said...

Alissa ~ Maybe you need one....

Christine ~ Yes, Robyn is talented!

Hi, Sherry & Heather. I just love Nancy Wilson's blog, don't you? I'm sorry to hear about your health struggles. Believe me, I do understand. I'd rather not write a blog post about my regimen, mainly because I've written about it off and on before, and I don't want to bore my readers, you know? But I'd love to e-mail you the info. if you'll send your e-mail address. Mine is:

jennisimmons at gmail dot com

For starters, though, I highly recommend Dr. Steven F. Hotze's book, Hormones, Health, and Happiness. You can find it on Amazon. It's full of great information. I look forward to hearing from you!

Anonymous said...

i still say that you're the snail-mail fairy. what a beautiful gift to receive. that is quite a tribute to erin - looks just like something she'd paint. those gold bird magnets seem so "you", too.

Anonymous said...

p.s. is that you who I saw commented on nancy wilson's blog? I hardly ever go to her site anymore, but was happy to see what you - or who I thought was you - wrote. everyone seemed to be making it an either or dilemma, when balance seems to be key. I was sad to read, "although anecdotal, some of the unhealthiest families I know are the ones consistently running to this type of treatment." personally, I think that if God has given women the great task of raising their children up in the Lord, to which they need to educate and prepare themselves for, women can just as easily educate themselves on how to care for their children's health, and in the best way they see fit. for a group of people who normally take the alternative route, especially in childbirth, I was just surprised.

jenni said...

That was me - or, I was one of the Jenni's, and I posted twice. I'm just very fortunate to have the doctor and nurses I do - I've learned a lot. They are practicing medicine in a way that I believe is the best way - the way all doctors need to be trained. When you read Dr. Hotze's book, I think you'll see what I mean. It is an interesting discussion on Nancy's Wilson's blog, for sure.

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back to what a wrote, reading over it again, hoping that it doesn't sound like I gave more than my two cents. it's just an opinion, that's all. xo!

jenni said...

You were fine!
(I was surprised, too)
:)

Robyn Jones Clark said...

Christine and Jenni you are too sweet:0)! I wish i would have made it more of my own, but i really loved her piece, so it's not that much different:) if you want to see some awesome pottery, check out my friend eric's page www.ericbotbyl.com

jenni said...

You're too modest, Robyn.
:)

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back to see your friend robyn's artwork. it's beautiful.