Pages

9/28/2008

sabbath treats



Another list, yet such a peaceful one, I think:

-Turkish coffee in the demitasse set from Johnny. If you've never had Turkish coffee, it is rich coffee + cardamom (we buy Café Najjar from HEB), brewed on the stove in an ibrik (or cezve). I usually take my coffee black, but I like a little sweetener in Turkish coffee (and coconut milk - in lieu of cream - in chicory coffee).

-Sufjan Stevens Radio via Pandora. This station plays the likes of Sufjan, Iron & Wine, José González, Andrew Bird, Belle & Sebastian, Band of Horses, Rogue Wave, Elliott Smith, Wilco, Damien Rice, etc..

-A recent gift from the Letter Writers Alliance ~ an orphaned letter written on USO stationery. Says Donovan Beeson of the LWA:

"I'm always kind of sad when I find someone's letters for sale online because I know that the original owner isn't the seller. They were someone's inheritance so that they could know their past a little better. That someone decided that they were not worth keeping around. That someone is obviously not a member of our Alliance.

I adopted these orphaned letters to share with you. I had the pleasure of reading them all. Our benefactor is one Miss Elizabeth Ohlaborge of Franklin, IN. This piece is a part of her collected correspondence. She spoke French and had pen pals. I think she would be happy to know that we will treasure her letters the way that she did
."

Je fais des excuses ("I apologize") to my pen pals once again. I am currently a slacker, but I'll surprise you with a letter when you least expect it.

-A white mini-pumpkin, to celebrate my favorite season, autumn.

-Now I'm gonna climb the stairs and watch two short films by Albert Lamorisse ~ The Red Balloon and White Mane.

No comments: