[click to see larger]
1. We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Amazing. A beautiful, melancholy story. The special effects are unreal. And I was very happy that the movie theater sold Tazo tea and Starbucks coffee; definitely a step up. I enjoyed a hot cup of Calm tea.
2. Other movies I want to see:
-Rachel Getting Married.
-Quantum of Solace.
-Wendy and Lucy.
-Synecdoche, New York.
-Wall-E (it's in our Netflix queue).
3. I gave these discs to Johnny for Christmas ~ both are fantastic:
-Shine a Light: The Rolling Stones.
-A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!.
4. I received these beloved discs:
-The Red Balloon (from my brother).
-Harold and Maude (from Johnny).
-The Best of The Johnny Cash TV Show: 1969-1971 (from my Mom-in-law).
5. On Monday, we saw the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at The Museum of Natural Science. Johnny and I find these exhibits educational and very honoring to God's creation, but we understand they're not for everyone. It is a "meat sacrificed to idols" issue for sure. I think it's worth seeing if you're the type who could handle viewing medical school cadavers with respect, but Body Worlds is not entertainment. I do find some good in Gunther von Hagens' vision of anatomy, so I'm going to write about it for The Curator soon.
6. However, I'll cover Sweet Land in my next Curator article. I will happily watch that movie again tomorrow; so good.
7. We'll be seeing a family of good friends to ring in 2009. Amy informed me that Johnny and I must play on their kids' Wii contraption. Since I suck at all manner of video games, me on the Wii should be something to see indeed.
8. 2009! Can you believe it? I can't wait to put up new calendars tomorrow:
-Lotta in the kitchen,
-port2port in our bedroom,
-Nikki McClure in my writing room,
-and Hello Handmade Paperie (on sale!) in the guest room.
Happy new year, y'all! As Benjamin Button's Mom said, "You never know what's coming your way." (or something to that effect)