As usual, I was inspired by Nicole's blog, so here's my own list....
1. Be pregnant.
2. Learn to play guitar and piano.
3. Line-dry our laundry in the
4. Take a road trip with Johnny to New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona (to visit my Mom-in-law), and Utah (to pick up a cedar chest that Johnny's Dad made, and to see his family's house).
5. Learn to
6. Sing in our Church's choir. Maybe.
8. Write a creative nonfiction essay.
11. Buy a "little black dress."
12. Find just the right Christ Pantocrator icon to hang above the fireplace, artwork to hang above the living room sofa, and something thrifted to hang above our bed.
13. Befriend more of our neighbors.
14. Learn to garden and compost.
16. Put down the MacBook and knock off an impressive amount of my to-read list.
17. Be healthy - able to enjoy a balanced, varied diet.
18. Dine at t'afia.
19. Write a poem.
21. Host Sabbath feasts in our dining room.
24. Visit the Live Oak Friends Meeting Skyspace here in Houston (once it reopens),
27. Pay Alissa a visit in New York and catch some good theater.
29. See the Marfa lights (all this traveling might be a little ambitious, but you never know. Oh, we need to visit Allison and Wayne in Missouri, too....).
30. Submit my writing to a few journals and such.
31. Learn more about photography.
32. Find back patio furniture and hang white twinkle lights & rice paper lanterns out there.
34. Write a song with Johnny. His most recent one - "Light of the Gentiles" - is especially great. Amazing Indian percussion, too.
* Then make a new list of 35 things....