Pages

8/11/2009

strict joy

I know, I know. I've been a blog-slacker once again. So, so sorry. I started a list on my iPhone so that whenever a blog idea pops into my mind, I can type it real quick before I forget. But I've been too busy with my other writing responsibilities to select one of those blog topics. In the meantime, please enjoy the audio of this NPR Tiny Desk Concert - one of my favorite bands, The Swell Season.* They have a new album, Strict Joy, coming out in October and I can hardly wait!



Before I go, I must confess that I update my Facebook and tweet regularly, so you're welcome to keep up with me there until I blog again.

I even convinced Johnny to tweet, which is a major accomplishment in my life. His tweets are much more intellectual/musical/theological/humorous than mine; one of the many reasons I love him so. If you can't tell, I've grown fond of Twitter. I never thought this would happen in a million years. Perhaps that'll be another blog entry.

* UPDATE: I originally embedded the video of this concert, too, but now you have to click over to NPR's site to see it - use the link above. It's worth it, though.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm right with you in the blog slacking. This week, I've been so overloaded that I have to consciously resist the urge to waste time online, and it's much harder than I thought -- but kind of invigorating, nonetheless. I think it's better to be kind to yourself and take care of what you need to before taking on "extracurriculars".

jenni said...

I agree, but narrative blog entries are important to me, too - I want to incorporate more of them into my writing life. Will do soon.... :)