Pages

8/04/2006

Chocolate Milk

For all chocolate lovers ~

Add the following ingredients to a blender:

1 cup of your favorite milk (or 1 1/2 cups)
1-2 heaping tablespoons raw cacao nibs
2-3 tablespoons raw honey or agave nectar
2 tablespoons carob powder
1 pinch sea salt

Blend very well (perhaps set on liquefy) and enjoy! Tonight I used raw cow's milk and honey, and even I was surprised - this drink is amazing. Johnny gave his approval; he said it tastes like a cookie. And, I read on the package that raw cacao nibs have 20 times more antioxidants than red wine and 30 times more than green tea.

I will try not to become addicted to this beverage, but I'm not making any promises.

1 comment:

jenni said...

By the way, I read in Nourishing Traditions that carob has 3 times more calcium than mother's milk. Raw cacao has loads of magnesium which is vital for calcium absorption. So ladies especially, drink up!