Pages

2/01/2007

Tag!



Christine tagged me to confess my freak nature, so I complied. I played this blog game several months ago, but I will confess 6 different answers for a friend like Christine.

"The rules are as follows: Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post telling 6 weird things about themself... as well as clearly state the rules. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means."

1. As I brainstormed for answers I asked Johnny to list the most weird thing about me. He quickly replied, "the trumpet!" As a Christian I do not promote intoxication nor do I support Prohibition. Johnny and I enjoy regular nightcaps - usually martinis or brandy for him, merlot and a shot of Tuaca for me. Even if I eat a robust dinner and drink slowly, I am prone to quick tipsiness. I do not see a problem if I am safe within our home, but I do laugh a lot, especially since Johnny is hilarious. Most of you consider me quiet and reserved, but when tipsy, my laugh is quite loud which makes me laugh harder. Johnny calls this laugh "the trumpet" and covers his ears. He impersonates it well, too!

2. More sympathy for Johnny - I think it is hysterical to stick my finger in his ear (whether I've had a drink or not).

3. After I lock my car, I always check to make sure it is locked. I've even been known to take groceries inside, put them away, and go back outside to make sure I locked the car.

4. If I am at home, I am in pajamas. I will put on jeans if you drop by, but otherwise - PJ's. What am I wearing right now at 2:30 pm? Pajamas.

5. I have a scent addiction. To me, smell is vitally important. I would give up hearing first, hands down. I must see to read, taste to drink coffee, touch to nuzzle the cats, and I must be able to smell. Bath & Body Works is dangerous and I am a sucker for their system. I buy the body splash, body cream, and creamy body wash (and maybe body butter) in each scent that lures me which currently are Brown Sugar & Fig, Coconut Lime Verbena, and Warm Vanilla Sugar. I am pondering the possibility of reuniting with an old flame, Jasmine Vanilla. I love to read the base notes, mid notes, and top notes of each fragrance! I received an e-mail about a new fragrance, Midnight Pomegranate, and it is taking all my strength to not drive to the nearest Bath & Body Works store.

Don't even get me started on Method products or the Body Care section of Whole Foods which are probably safer for our household. I once heard Rich Mullins say something to the effect of, you might as well go out doing something you love, in reference to his enjoyment of unhealthy, cholesterol-laden food. So I ask, are Bath & Body Works items and Yankee candles full of toxins? Probably, but I will smell fantastic when I die and hopefully God plus my other health-nut pursuits will provide long life. Did I mention a new addition to my blog located to your right? "My Latest Olfactory Obsessions!"

6. Kierstin, one of my closest friends, lives in Nashville, TN. I miss her something fierce, even more so now that she is a brand new Mom as of January 29th! She was a bridesmaid in my wedding. We have known each other at least 10 years. We never talk on the phone. We iChat, e-mail, and send notes in the mail. We have the technological capability to audio chat, but we do not. We have shared huge, important news via iChat. This drives Johnny nutty. I just tell him we are two writers who feel perfectly content to correspond with the written word. However, we will see her and baby Eli in person within the next few months. You cannot hold a baby or give your friend a congratulatory hug via iChat.

According to the rules, I tag the following folks, even Kierstin though I do not expect her response for quite awhile since she leaves the hospital today and will be busy with Eli in his nursery:

1. Allison.
2. Kierstin.
3. Katy.
4. My brother, Jody.
5. Omar.
6. Johnny.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Jenni, I've been with you many a time when you've checked your car lock! HA! And I'm with you on the Coconut Lime Verbena...that stuff is heavenly. If you die smelling like that, I will second it with an AMEN. Thanks for playing along for the second time!! :)