Pages

9/14/2007

Attentive to Friday

I'm still cranking out imperfect photos, yet even so, I still enjoy the camera. FYI: sometimes clicking on my photos (to enlarge) helps slightly, and sometimes not. Click at your own risk.

Johnny is drumming at rehearsal for a gig next week. Milo is batting a ping pong ball 'round downstairs. Harley is sleeping, far away from Milo. I'm relaxing before I dive into a little cleaning, reading, and writing. This morning, I focused on the following.

A wooden postcard atop Christine's artwork in the kitchen:



A tablecloth drying in the laundry room. Johnny and I agree - we need a clothesline in the backyard. The fluorescent light was too garish, so I opened the back door for sunlight:



That gas station Cross which will be hung today:



Me in the laundry bath mirror, sleepy:



Art ["Courage to be (Saint Joan of Arc)" by Meltem Aktas] on the living room fireplace mantel:



A new frame and a card from my Mom. What's funny is I sent this exact card to a friend, but I cherish this musical bird. Like Mother, like daughter:



My solution to tabletop clutter - a basket (from my Mom) for large periodicals and the newspaper, and the basket's lid to hide the plugged-in stereo cord:



A living room bookshelf, and the ceiling's reflection beheading me:



A favorite table, and two favorite chairs:



Today's soundtrack: Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris, produced by Daniel Lanois. A timeless, beautiful, imperative album.

Today's incense: Joy.

Added to my in-town shopping list:
-Wooden clothespins.
-Hugo bar soap (2), and this one - for his and hers bathroom sinks, and the kitchen sink.
-Terra cotta pots - to plant basil on the back patio.
-Autumn decorations for the house!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see the pictures. Help!

jenni said...

Hmmm, Johnny saw the pictures on his computer... Is anyone else unable to see the photographs? Please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hey - You got the wooden postcards! Also, is that a Jesus Christ action figure???

jenni said...

That is actually a "Jesus Nodder":

http://www.mcphee.com/items/10972.html

:)

Anonymous said...

Now, I can see the pictures. Thanks.