Pages

3/12/2008

major sale, people

OK, so my Mom and brother did not care for the scent of Tropical Traditions Baby Silk lotion. But I do have a freaking incredible sense of smell, as anyone who reads this blog should know. I realize scents are very personal, though. Regardless, the Baby Silk essential oils lulled me to sleep once again last night - that and a kind back rub from Johnny.

Today, much to my glee, I ran across an a-ma-zing sale over at Tropical Traditions. Two bottles of Baby Silk normally retail for $40.00, but they're on sale for $19.95. That is, if you buy one for $19.95, you get one free (until March 20th)! I know that price might still seem steep for lotion, but look at the purity of these ingredients:

Purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba, emulsifying wax (plant-based, no soy), grapefruit seed extract, virgin palm oil, and organic essential oils of rosewood, lavender, ylang ylang, Roman chamomile, geranium, and rose.

Plus, since it is mostly oils, a little lotion goes a long way, and after 1-2 minutes, my skin drinks it right up. And, there is yet another benefit. "The two main ingredients in the Tropical Traditions lotion are unrefined virgin coconut oil and natural palm oil. These are nature's best source of antioxidants. Using this lotion encourages support of healthy, strong skin. The Baby Silk lotion contains a blend of essential oils that promote healthy maintenance regeneration of new skin. It may also be used as a beneficial overnight cream", says Physician's Preference.

Physician's Preference is the Hotze clinic's supplement store and they are fantastic. We buy 95% of our vitamins & minerals there, but I had to go with the great lotion sale from Tropical Traditions. Johnny even suggested that we buy the unscented lotion (on sale for $18.95, buy one get one free), too, since we use it on our faces. So, we did. What a guy and what a deal.

I went ahead and snagged a bottle of frankincense deodorant (also on sale). I know that is WAY hippie, but I'm trying to use natural deodorants around the house and such. Sweating is a healthy process as long as I don't reek. I wear Almay or Mitchum unscented deodorants out and about, especially in a God-forsaken Houston summer, but I figure the less aluminum in my body, the better. How's that for T.M.I.? You're welcome.

Now, if only Tropical Traditions would redesign their product labels so that I'd feel inspired to snap a photo. The labels are hideous. It's time to wash out the bamboo lotion dispenser by my bathroom sink which is currently holding remnants of Dr. Bronner's almond liquid soap. That bamboo container needs to hold Baby Silk lotion so I can have some aesthetic peace.



[There are mad sales all over Tropical Traditions' web site, so take a look. Christine says the coconut flour is delicious, and I hear the same about the coconut cream concentrate, but I'd have to recommend Nutiva's coconut oil - it tastes much better.]

No comments: