Pages

3/10/2008

witch hazel



This week I fell in love with another natural product: Thayers alcohol-free rose petal witch hazel toner. I like it so much that I reviewed it for The Sustainable Scoop. My review will be up sometime this week. Be sure and read my review because Thayers hasn't updated their site in awhile, and my bottle sports the new label with a much healthier ingredient list.

I tried to snap a photo of the vintage-inspired bottle in our bathroom while I prepared an Epsom salt bath. Oh, the wretched bathroom light. We need new light fixtures badly, but there's the photo - take it or leave it. However, don't let it stop you from trying that lovely facial toner, to be found at your local Whole Foods.

What's the deal with Epsom salts? They draw toxins (like candida/yeast) out of your body, and soothe your skin & sore muscles. Simply add 2 cups of Epsom salts to a warm bath. If you're a fellow candida sufferer, add a few drops (not many) of tea tree oil as well. I recently stated that hot tea as medication suits me. So do medicinal baths - painless, very relaxing, and I love the scent of tea tree oil.

In other news, I'm admiring (and drooling over) Toast's spring 2008 collection. I can't wait to receive my free catalog in the mail, all the way from the UK. Today I'm focused on house & home. I love it all.

We're also cleaning house for our friends Stu + Nicole Smith. They will be our first non-familial guests to sleep over. Stu is a sick (as in, talented) guitarist. His hero is Buddy Miller - that should tell you something. Johnny and Stu often play together with The Smith Band (Stephen Smith is Stu's older brother) and for other gigs. Even though the Smiths are dropping by for non-musical reasons, Johnny might have Stu lay down some guitar tracks anyway. This is fairly typical musician behavior, FYI.

No comments: