Pages

9/26/2008

the curator ~ edition #4

[if Lotta Jansdotter ever creates another mug, I'll lay off this one for awhile. Until then, this mug, a black & white number from Kierstin, and a demitasse set (for Turkish coffee) from Johnny are my current favorites.]

Thank God it's such a beautiful Friday. The light is rather magical in Houston at the moment. The desktop weather widget tells me it'll be 60 degrees this evening, so I'm thinking a neighborhood walk is a sure deal.

My other plans for the day are to transcribe the Sandra McCracken interview and catch up on some reading: The Road of Lost Innocence (to review), Home, the Psalms, TOAST's house & home catalog, and a new edition of The Curator:

"In the Parlance of Our Times":
An Insufficient Appreciation of the Coen Brothers

Jeffrey Overstreet
What has made the films of these masters of the dark comedy so distinct, and what does that say about their newest film, “Burn After Reading”?

New York, New Art
Wayne Adams
A walk through some of the most talked-about openings in the New York art world this fall.

Found Objects: One Person's Trash...
Christy Tennant
Thrift, found objects, and artist Barry Krammes.


....Jeffrey Overstreet's article reminds me, Johnny is looking up Saturday matinee times for Burn After Reading. I can't wait for an afternoon movie date with my husband.

No comments: