Pages

9/24/2008

seventy and sunny

[images from the seventy and sunny Etsy shop]

I suppose you've noticed by now that my blog is sporting new clothes. I'm very, very happy with my new blog banner, designed by Alyson over at seventy and sunny.

See, I was blog-surfing one day, stumbled upon Alyson's blog - unruly things (which I mentioned was worth your time) - and noticed she runs an Etsy shop. Lo and behold, she sells customized blog headers for a reasonable price. I liked her style lots, so much so that visuals started swimming in my head. I shared my ideas with Alyson and though she loved 'em, she kindly told me all of that was "too busy." We pared it down, and voila! ~ she created the beautiful blog banner above. It is so "me":

-Japanese rice paper lanterns.

-wooden rocking chair.

-stack of books.

-cup of tea.

And, for reasons I'll explain at another time, this new blog banner symbolizes promises I've been given. It's like an icon of sorts.

So, if you love Alyson's work as much as I do, pay seventy and sunny a visit. She makes a lot more than blog banners ~ blog buttons, business cards, garment tags, gift tags, thank you notes....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute banner. I really like it!

Anonymous said...

love love love it! i've been mulling around some blog design ideas, too. you've inspired me to get on with it. and i'm curious about those promises...

Andrea said...

Lovely!

kierstin said...

i love the new banner! it blends with your house i think...and your style definitely. i love the simplicity.
yay for facelifts (the non-human kind). :)

Christine said...

I love it!! You will rock your children in that chair one day.

Robyn Jones Clark said...

me too.. i already commented on your other post... but i really love it and all of those things make me think of you.

jenni said...

I'm happy y'all like looking at it as much as I do.
:)

Robin said...

It's so cute! I love the colors of it, everything!